Fear not, Information Services staff care about your needs! And so we provide e-books (copies of texts available electronically) which means:
- the books can be available online at any time of the day or night, on- or off-campus;
- there is no need to come to the library;
- you need not worry that some other midnight-oil-burner has borrowed the book ahead of you.
- it is not as nice to read a whole book on the screen as it is to have the physical object;
- you can't read e-books in the bath;
- and it means you miss out on a visit to the library, where the whole knowledge of our species is classified and filed for your convenience.
This page lists the main collections of e-books that the University subscribes to, as well as some freely-available collections of classic texts. And to make things even easier, there is a new Voyager search specifically for e-books - try it out here.
Please note, if you are a member of the teaching staff and find that we have any of the items on your reading lists available as e-books then please make sure that your students know about them - they will love you for it.