Venue: Aberystwyth University; E3 Centre for Legal Practice, Hugh Owen Building
Date: Wednesday afternoon 17th April.
Programme of activitiesTime Activity
12.45 Refreshments on arrival – Law Conference Room
1.15 Richard Ireland, Senior Lecture Law & Criminology and Bill Hines, Honorary Fellow and former Law Librarian at Aberystwyth– spotlight on some lesser known library treasures and research resources held in the Library of Aberystwyth University.
2.00-3.00 Institute of Advanced Legal Studies (IALS) showcasing their services and resources for researchers, to include:
- The development of the Eagle-I portal on IALS website to guide researchers on quality information on the internet
- Foreign, international and comparative law sources at IALS Library: a guide to our collections, both print and electronic
- The Electronic Law Library at IALS: an outline of the many databases on offer onsite and offsite
- Benefits for researchers of using IALS
- BAILII: the British and Irish Legal Information Institute
3.15 Tour of the Law Library and library resources at Aberystwyth University (Lillian Stevenson, Academic Services Manager/Law Librarian) for our Bangor University visitors.
PS: We have received feedback for this event.