Undergraduates looking to refresh their study skills can now enrol on a non-credit bearing BlackBoard module and choose classes from the Undergraduate Study Practices programme.
- Classes take place on Wednesday afternoons in Llandinam Building and Hugh Owen Library and focus on writing, communication and information skills
- Students can self-enrol through BlackBoard and sign up for some or all of the classes
- Follow-up emails are sent to gather online feedback
- Learning materials become available in the module after the class
- The programmes are promoted through weekly emails, FaceBook, Twitter and posters
- A module for Postgraduates will go live shortly
The Study Practices programmes, collaborative projects devised by Student Support, Information Services and the Careers Service, were delivered for the first time in semester one. The new, pilot, non-credit bearing BlackBoard modules are supported by the ALTO steering group.